Monday, February 26, 2007

Monster v/s Cruel World


The introductory post on Brandy Candy got me started on why Monster is a better brand name that Cruel World. While I don't have anything against Cruel World, I do have a lot of love going for Monster. For me, it is one of the best named career sites. And here's why: Monster is one word. Monster is an unforgettable word. A word like Monster has one of the most powerful back stories in the history of words. Monster has the very strong 'st' sound in it. Monster is also a term used to communicate one big thing. Moreover Monster gives the logo designer a great name to have fun with. And it shows. Goodbye cruel world. Hello Monster.

Actually, I do have one problem with Cruel World. I find it inherently pessimistic. I don't think that's a good quality to have in a name associated with job search. Just kidding. (Partly.)

No comments: